It was a neighborhood organized show of solidarity for the politicians get ready to vote whether to help Sandy victims, or leave us to fend for ourselves. The whole family was up early for this one. I was up earlier. I headed out to meet my Killa Beez teammate Janet for a quick 5K before starting our day. Whether you are a morning person or not, no one can ever say they don't feel better after a run first thing in the morning. It's like a guarantee that it will be a good day.
|Janet and I post run self-pic|
|Hubby and the boy walking with our next door neighbor.|
|Hubby and Jen|
|Some other Staten Island friends came to support us as well. (Thanks Mandy)|
|Congressman Michael Grimm|
|Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis|
|This was someone's home.|
|They are actually standing on the flood wall which is supposed to protect us from the ocean.|
|This is where that wall should be.|
|Just cuz they are cute :)|
|Walking down my block with not a house in sight.|
And because while going through all of this, I am still committing to personal goals...
Progress on last week's goals:
1. Run 3 days this week for at least 10 miles total (at least 1 outside) - I ran outside twice and once on the treadmill for a total of over 10.5 miles.
2. Start studying my Personal Trainer Certification materials again - Does it count that I took the book out of the box? Will start tonight.
3. Find ways to make the apartment find like a home - I had some friends over on Saturday and Hubby cooked. That is a huge step. I am also ordering photos from Snapfish today to frame.
Goals for this week
1. At least 3 runs, including one run at least 5 miles. I need to build up my mileage.
2. STUDY! I will make a schedule of hours that I will commit to studying and follow it.
3. At least 2 morning workouts this week. (Have to buy weights asap)