On top of work, marathon training has picked up, as well as the return of homework, friends having babies and my board of directors obligations at Mini Me's daycare. THEN I get a call from the boy's school PTA asking me if I would chair a committee. All I really have to commit to is coming to a meeting every other month DURING THE DAY. You would think that would be an easy opportunity to say no but, instead I asked if I could dial into the meetings. Yup, I am a lost cause.
So, with that, let's take a look at the goals I had for this month. It is only the 26th but I don't expect big changes in the next four days.
- Get It Together - I will get better organized with school, life, work, obligations, etc with a tangible schedule. Sadly, my Google calendar isn't doing it for me. - Well, I managed to get a planner and I have been tracking all my obligations and to-dos in one place. It has been helpful, although I just keep adding to it.
- Study! - I will commit at least an hour 4 nights a week to studying for my ACE personal training certification. I know that is not nearly enough time, but it's a start. Especially since it's been off my radar for most of the summer. - Tragic fail! I studied one night... literally. The issue is that I cannot study until the kids are asleep and by then I am exhausted. I have just over 6 months left before I have to take the PT certification test. I need to find a way to get study time in.
- Part-time Veg - I am going to commit to meatless Mondays. I have done it a few times but I can easily be swayed by a good steak sandwich. - Ha. Another failure.
- Run! - I'm going to schedule my longer runs better so they happen. I need to plan ahead and get hubby on board. Marathon is two months away and I'm going to need help getting the foot time in. - I can happily say that I haven't really missed my runs. Hubby has been very supportive, even when I head out for a run on Friday night after 7 p.m.
- Blog Better - I will read one or two articles a week on better blogging and begin implementing changes to give you a better experience when you visit my page. - I cannot promise that I read 1-2 per week, but I have been learning more and I may have even purchased a domain name for myself. Bear with me. I am definitely a work in progress.
I'll start with today though and go from there.
Sharing is Caring: Are you good at saying no or are you an exhausted "yes person" like myself? How do I change my ways?