Hello all. I have been wanting to blog for days and but have not been able to make the time to do it. So, because I have been such a slacker, there are some key events that you don't know about, I'll go in chronological order to catch you up on my exciting life (Ha!) You might want to take notes.
|When they were MUCH smaller|
2. High Rock Challenge: Two weeks ago, I checked "Obstacle Course Race" off of my list of new things to try. It happened by accident, so I figured it was meant to be. I got a text from a friend asking if I wanted to step in and take the place of someone's partner couldn't do the challenge and since I had been going to all the training sessions with Next Level Performance in the park and my running schedule was on point, I said yes! I finished the race in just under 3 hours and plan to smash that time next year. Not only did I have a great time! I also met a great team of like-minded people and now I am an official Shaolin Killa Bee. Until then, I have the Rugged Maniac in Brooklyn coming up in June.
|High Rock Challenge 2012|
|Some of my teammates - post-race beers|
3. Lucky Me: Over the last few weeks, I have been so lucky with blog giveaways. First I won the Nuun from Kelly at RunFastMommy. Then I won a PetitBox from BexLife, which I cannot wait to share with my sister. If that wasn't enough good luck, I also won Mini Peeps snack bags from Laura at NoEasyWayOutFitness.com. Thank you to all of you for having these great giveaways. Hopefully at some point, I can do the same for my readers. (Hello Sponsors?!)
4. 37: This past Sunday was my birthday. I spent most of the weekend partying and then relaxing, although I started Saturday morning with a 12 mile run (in my amazing brand new Kayanos). My friend, Nurys and I put in our longest training run together with the race taking place in two weeks. It was a great way to start off a celebration. After a shower and some laundry (what's new?), many of my great friends and family came by to celebrate. Some brought yummy snacks like homemade hummus and pita chips, guacamole, and yummy cheese(s) and veggies. My friend Pam, who is an amazing cook and baker, made me a delicious cake, margarita cupcakes (read: tequila) and chocolate oreo creamcheese balls that were to die for. Hubby also made some amazing chicken and steak fajitas, in honor of Cinco De Mayo (which is Spanish for Jen's Birthday Eve). There was also much alcohol, so let's just say I never got to watch the Mayweather/Cotto fight later that evening.
|Yes, I put these things in my calendar|
|My beautiful new Kayanos. Who doesn't love that new sneaker smell?|
|Some of the deliciousness of my birthday celebration!|
|Chocolate Balls of Heaven|
|My yummy cake!|
|And there were drinks and then...|
|... a Birthday Morning Hangover|
5. Proud Sister: On Sunday afternoon, my family had a little send off for my little brother that included leftover apps (see #4) and yummy cheesesteak sandwiches. He is 21 years old and headed to US Marine
Corp bootcamp on Monday morning. I am extremely proud of him and look forward to attending his graduation in 12 weeks.
|My awesome brother and sisters :)|
5. Next Goal: Thanks to a blog post I fell upon by Rhonda at KidsRunWild, I will be starting the Jamie Eaton LiveFit program on Monday. It is a plan for building muscle and losing body fat. It includes very specific workouts and a clean eating diet. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it. I will definitely have more details for you on this next week as I get started.
With that, consider yourself caught up. I will try my best to stay current going forward. I am going to be more organized at 37, at least I'm going to try.
Feel free to add belated birthday wishes here... :)